1. What is the average water bill?
Different variables determine usage by each consumer such as the number of people living in the home, the size of the property, irrigation usage, etc. As a result, we are unable to provide an average bill.
2. Why is this bill higher than last quarter?
Many factors contribute to why your bill may fluctuate. Please see below for some examples.
- Water consumption changes from one season to the next. For accurate comparisons compare bills from the same quarter in previous years.
- Water consumption will increase if living arrangements have changed such as more people living in the residence.
- Check for leaks. Dripping faucets, running toilets, etc. Click here for more information on leak detection.
3. How can I pay my bill? Can I pay over the phone?
Unfortunately, we do not accept payments over the phone at this time. Several other ways to pay your bill are by mail, in person or online.
- Mail – send in your payment stub with a check or money order made payable to Jericho Water District 125 Convent Road, Syosset, NY 11791
- In person by check/money order or cash at our office located at 125 Convent Road, Syosset, NY 11791 between the hours of 8:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M, Monday through Friday.
- Drop box – we have a drop box at our office located to the left of our main entrance door available twenty four (24) hours a day seven (7) days a week.
- Online – Visit our website (Jerichowater.org) and click on “Pay Your Bill Online”
- Personal bank – Enroll in bill pay through your bank account
4. Why do I still receive a water bill if there is no water usage?
You still receive a minimum bill even if there is no water usage because your water service is still connected to the District’s main water supply system and water is available for your use. Click here for more information on rate information.
5. How Often will I receive a bill?
Bills are issued on a quarterly basis. Click here to see billing schedule.
6. When is my bill due?
Bills are due 30 days from the bill date.
7. What if I don’t pay my bill?
Bills that are past due more than 30 days from the due date will incur a 10% penalty.
On or about September 15th of each year the District shall submit a list of delinquent water accounts as of May 31st to the Town Board. All amounts will be added to Nassau County tax rolls and placed on your general tax bill for the following year.
8. I am selling my home what do I need to do?
A Final Reading must be done. Call the District Office (516-921-8280) to request a Final Reading. For more information click here.