Announcing the 2023 Centennial Poster Contest Winners!
To commemorate our 100th anniversary, the Jericho Water District held our first Poster Contest for district residents in grades K-12. The hope of the contest was to encourage JWD residents and their families to learn more about the water district, water conservation and protecting earth’s most precious resource.
We want to thank everyone that submitted a poster and are proud of all the participants. Thank you to the Syosset Central School District, Jericho Union Free School District and The Syosset and Jericho libraries for their assistance with coordinating and spreading the information to the community. Thirty-seven entries were received and first, second and third place winners were chosen in each of the categories, (Kindergarten to 2nd grade, 3rd to 5th grade, 6th to 8th grade and 9th to 12 grade).
Today, on Earth Day, Commissioners Abbate, Asmus and Beckerle are proud to announce the winners of the contest:
K – 2nd Grade Category:
- 1st Place – Uma Pal Hafeez, 2nd Grade, Village Elementary School, Syosset
- 2nd Place – Noah Ki, – 2nd Grade, George A. Jackson Elementary School, Jericho
- 3rd Place – Devraj Pal Hafeez, Kindergarten, Village Elementary School, Syosset
3rd -5th Grade Category:
- 1st Place – Emma Chan, 5th Grade, Cantiague Elementary School, Jericho
- 2nd Place – Ren Dewal, 5th Grade, Cantiague Elementary School, Jericho
- 3rd Place – Mika Sekiguchi, 4th Grade, Robert Seaman Elementary School, Jericho
6th – 8th Grade Category:
- 1st Place – Ela Arora, 7th Grade, Harry B. Thompson Middle School, Syosset
- 2nd Place – Lily Etess, 6th Grade, Southwoods Middle School, Syosset
- 3rd Place – Chase Pendrick, 7th Grade, Harry B. Thompson Middle School, Syosset
9th – 12th Grade Category:
- 1st Place – Elaine Chen, 11th Grade, Syosset High School, Syosset
- 2nd Place – Jeana Espinal, 12th Grade, Syosset High School, Syosset
- 3rd Place – Sarah Leong, 10th Grade, Syosset High School, Syosset
Please view the slide show below for our winners and all entries received.