Final Reading Request
A request for a final reading must be made TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS before the date of the actual final reading. Final reading requests received on Friday for a Monday closing will not be honored. The earliest that a Friday request can be fulfilled will be Tuesday.
To request a final reading, call the District Office at (516) 921-8280. The District Office will then send you a Final Reading Request Form to complete and return to the District.
A final reading will be done the day before the stated closing date as long as the mandatory Final Reading Request Form has been completed and returned to the District prior to that date. Please be advised that the final water bill will not be released to the seller’s and buyer’s attorneys until ALL SECTIONS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, the form is signed and returned to the District by fax at (516) 921-7554. All water bills unpaid as of May 31st, which remain unpaid as of August 31st, will be filed with the Town of Oyster Bay and added to your general tax bill.
Disconnect Requests (for Renovations, Construction and Demolition)
In order for a letter of disconnect to be generated, the following steps must be completed:
- The property owner must submit a letter requesting the letter of disconnect. Included in that letter must be the postal address of the property, tax lot information (sec./blk./lot) and contact information, including an active phone number and a current email address.
- All work connected with disconnecting the water service at the main in the road is the responsibility of the property owner.
- The contractor performing the work must be licensed in the Town of Oyster Bay, and have a current performance bond on file at District headquarters.
- Prior to the start of any work, a copy of a road opening permit, issued by the governing entity (State, County, Town, Village, etc.), must be submitted to the District.
- When the previous steps have been completed, the plumbing contractor can call the District’s Service Department at (516) 921-8280 to schedule an appointment for the disconnect. Minimum time for scheduling the inspection is 24 hours.
- A Service Department employee will be dispatched at the prearranged time to inspect the disconnect. A corporation cap (Mueller part #H-15540N) is required to be installed on the corporation.
- The letter of disconnect will be issued within 48 hours of the work being completed.